Friday, March 24, 2023

Tinsel Tree Inspired

This fortnight we've got a Photo Inspiration prompt for you... to make a card inspired by this DIY Tinsel Tree Tutorial at White House Crafts. You can choose any part of the photo that appeals to you: You might choose the trees themselves, the colors, the decorations, or some tinsel ... just make sure you include in your post how the photo inspired your design.


Here's how we were inspired by the design:


Stephanie says, "I started by embossing a Bottle Brush Tree three times with silver embossing powder (using my MISTI to keep them aligned) from Flora & Fauna Bottle Brush Snowglobe Set inspired by both types of trees in the photo.  I die cut the panel using Dare 2B Artzy Double Dot Rectangle Framelits.  Next I found some stars & gems in the colors from the picture & decorated my trees.  I finished with a tiny sentiment from the same set & then framed with one of my GelliArts prints before attaching to a bright pink card base."


Lauren says, "I'm not sure I've ever made such a literal photo inspiration card, but I basically loved everything in the picture! I used Spellbinders' Bottle Brush Tree Die Set to create the tiny trees and My Favorite Things' Happy Holidays Circle Frame to make a home for them. The background plaid is a Simple Stories *Easter* paper, as a matter of fact; the pink is from Lawn Fawn's Knit Picky line. I've added pink glitter pearl accents and scattered some golden Eyelet Outlet Star Sequins about for extra shine. I was so happy with how this came out that I made it into Paper Anthology's March Holiday Jumpstart Card Kit, for which that fun die set is included; you can read more about it on my personal blog."

♥♥♥

Link your photo inspiration cards right here by 6pm (Eastern) on Wednesday, April 5th. Keyword for galleries, Flickr, etc, is JB-23-07.

You are invited to the Inlinkz link party!

Click here to enter

No comments: