Friday, January 12, 2024

It's a Wrap

This week we're still asking you to create cards using leftover wrapping paper, ribbon or tags before you put them away for the season.

Here's how we Wrapped it Up this week:


Lauren says, "There was quite a lot of teeny tiny fussycutting involved in this week's endeavor; enough to make TWO cards. But since the repeats are so small, there were LOTS of Santas on my "rescued" wrap and it seemed a shame to just toss them in recycling. I made faux-polariods from offcuts of white Kromekote inset with little squares of cloud patterned paper; added the Santas and accessories; mounted the design elements on my own leftover sandy/snowy wrapping paper; added red skinny mats, washi, and glittery diecut sentiments... et voila!"


Stephanie says, "Did you know that Lauren is the world's best package wrapper?? ... and I am the world's worst.  I like to think I'm a great gift buyer, but when it comes to wrapping, it's probably not happening.  However, when I gift arrives from Lauren, I will place it in a position of reverence where I can admire it for days before I finally open it to see what is inside.  This gorgeous metallic snowflake ribbon was on a holiday gift from Lauren this year, so I saved it to incorporate it into a card.  I wrapped it around a piece of cardstock I had used to clean alcohol ink from a stencil (gotta love those leftovers).  I went through multiple possible embellishments before settling on a big bold seashell carved button from my step-mom's collection (this card will likely got to one of my siblings who will appreciate the keepsake).  I added a bit of blue twine, a strip of glitter paper, and a vintage woodblock sentiment from A Muse Artistamps."

And remember, to sweeten the pot for a good start to 2024, we're offering a little prize to one random participant - the Mid Century Holiday Die Cut Plate from Simon Says Stamp.  You have until 6pm EST on Wednesday, January 17th to wrap it up with us.

No comments: