Friday, January 19, 2024

Something Old ... Something New

This fortnight we're asking you to create a holiday card that features BOTH something OLD and something NEW.  

For example, combine an item (or two or three) that you've had in your stash for some time with some of the new goodies that Sant brought you for Christmas (or maybe you were your own Santa and you shopped those Black Friday sales and bought it yourself).  We're pretty sure Santa was good to all of the lovely ♥JINGLE BELLES♥ so we know you've got lots of goodies to showcase.

Here's how we combined our OLD & NEW this week:


Stephanie says, "For Christmas, I treated myself to the fun Christmas Gift Tag Stack Stamps & coordinating Gift Tag Stack Die cut from LDRS Creative. Rather than use the sentiments that came with the Tag Set, I used a the fun little sentiments from Tim Holtz Christmas Cartoons that I already had in my creative inventory ... that meant the font was coordinated across the three different tags, which I liked.  I used a scrap of silver glitter paper together with a red Love from Lizi Peel-Off Strip to pull in the red from the red twine i used on my tags."


Lauren says, "My NEW item is Spellbinders' Stylish Merry Christmas die set, though I confess I got it at Paper Anthology months ago but had (quite mystifyingly) never used it yet?! My OLD items are... well... pretty much everything else on this card! Including ancient Basic Grey and My Minds Eye papers and a Tim Holtz sticker book that I know was from The Ink Pad. The Eyelet Outlet Poinsettia Brads are a style that's several years old, though I just gotten yet another new pack because they are definitely on my "most used" list... since they seem to look good EVERYWHERE!"

♥♥♥
Link your "Something Old... Something New" masterpieces right here by 6pm (Eastern) on Wednesday, January 31st. Keyword for galleries etc is JB2402.

You are invited to the Inlinkz link party!

Click here to enter

2 comments:

KatheD said...

Great cards, as always, ladies, and a great theme for this fortnight, too. Thanks for featuring my card las week

Dotty Jo said...

Thanks for another fun prompt! Love your makes, Jo x