Monday, January 1, 2024

Wrap It Up!

We've just WRAPPED up 2023 and are embarking on our fourteenth (14th!) Jingle Belles season; many of us have also just WRAPPED and/or UN-WRAPPED a gift or two, so before you put away your wrapping supplies, pull out some of your favorites (or some of that paper from a present you unwrapped that was just too pretty to recycle) and make a card featuring wrapping paper or gift tags. 

If this is your first time here, your Jingle Belles hostesses are Stephanie and Lauren, we're avid cardmakers who started this holiday card inspiration blog so that we could avoid the stress of mass-producing holiday cards in December. We post a new theme every other Friday (with reminder posts and new inspiration cards in between) and you can link up as many NEW holiday cards as fit the prompt. We're mostly a Just-For-Fun challenge, but we throw in a prize every now and then, just to keep it interesting. There's no need to participate every time, but if, like us, you'll need quite a few cards when the holidays roll around, you should know that starting now and making one card per week means you'll have FORTY-EIGHT done by December first... a considerable advantage in terms of stress-busting! 

And now it's time to show you how we incorporated gift wrap into our first holiday cards of 2024:

Stephanie's Card

Stephanie says, "I remember going on a hunt one holiday for my treasured roll of Birch Bark wrapping paper. I thought it paired nicely with the Pinkfresh Studio Folk Snowflake in muted wintry hues.  I adorned it with a few gems and paired it with one of the sentiments from the same Folk Snowflake stamp set."


Lauren's Card

Lauren says, "I still have quite a bit of this Santa-centric paper from last year, which has five or six different, easy-to-cut-out medallions, of which I chose four and backed them with plain white cardstock which I had run through my Xyron machine, and fussycut. I chose four off-cuts of patterned paper in appropriate colors to serve as backgrounds on my 5.5" square cards; them selected four smaller, coordinating pieces to trim into smaller squares, round corners, and back with skinny cardstock mats. I added Tim Holtz Idea-ology Christmas Label Sticker sentiments et voila! My 2024 holiday card stash is already looking pretty jolly!"

And to sweeten the pot for a good start to 2024, we're offering a little prize to one random participant - the Mid Century Holiday Die Cut Plate from Simon Says Stamp.




♥♥♥

Link your "Wrap It Up" cards right here by 6pm (Eastern) on January 17th. Keyword for galleries and Flickr is JB2401. 

You are invited to the Inlinkz link party!

Click here to enter

3 comments:

~amy~ said...

Yay! I have already picked out my wrapping paper!
Thanks for the fabulous inspiration!

Marianne said...

Happy New Year!
For 2024, I intend to create more Christmas cards throughout the year again and hope to play along a lot.
I don't have any wrapping paper, but I (or rather, our dog) did receive a toy in a Christmas bag, so I cut into that bag to create 2 cards. Yay me! All I need to do now is take pictures and post the cards on my blog.
Marianne x

Dotty Jo said...

Woooo hooo! Get me, playing in the first challenge of the year! Thanks for a fun one, Jo x