Friday, February 16, 2024

TEXT Me

This fortnight's Jingle Belles theme is TEXT ME – create a holiday card that celebrates text. 

That might mean using some letter stickers, dictionary pages, texty patterned paper, or just creating a card where the sentiment is the star; but bear in mind that just using a small sentiment doesn't count... text of some kind should be the star of the show. 

Get creative with your words and make sure you get TEXTY.

Here are the TEXTs we are sending this week:


Stephanie says, "I started by spraying a vintage dictionary page (with the word NOEL) with Dina Wakley Evergreen Enamel Gloss Spray.  After it dried, I die cut it with a horizontally positioned stitched rectange.  Next I die cut the Joy Crafts Sketch Art ~ Christmas Tree from dark brown cardstock & then cut the inside of the star with gold glitter paper.  I decorated it with Pinkfresh Studio Sparkle & Shine Glitter Drops in the openings.  I finished with a vintage My Sentiments Exactly! Woodblock I've had since at least 2008 stamped in brown ink and a few Love from Lizi Brown Peel Off Stickers to balance the design before attaching it to a kraft stitched rectangle."



Lauren says, "A couple of weeks ago I used a Memory Box's two-layer Brilliant Joy die set to make holiday card kits for Paper Anthology, and wound up with... I suppose you could say... an excess of joy! I glued them into little stacks of three, so they'd have a little more depth, then used them to create a text-y background on a piece of Photoplay plaid paper, which I augmented with vellum poinsettia stickers, as well as Eyelet Outlet PoinsettiaCardinalCardinal Profile and Female Cardinal Brads. I trimmed a sentiment from a red texty patterned paper (Elle's Studio, I think?) and matted the whole thing on another alphabet-patterned paper from Recollections. It's definitely different from anything I've made recently, but I love how it turned out!"


And we've got a fun little prize for one lucky participant - Memory Box Celeste Snowflake Trio of dies.


Jingle Belles' Text Me challenge runs until 6pm (Eastern) on Wednesday evening, February 28th and if you're reading this, you're officially invited to join us! Link your TEXT-y cards right here:

You are invited to the Inlinkz link party!

Click here to enter

1 comment:

Dotty Jo said...

Another fabulously fun challenge! Thanks guys, better get my thinking cap, Jo x